A historical find at the former Manifattura Tabacchi site in Verona
n important find has been made during the regeneration work taking place at the former Manifattura Tabacchi complex in Verona. The excavations have brought to light a small portion of the perimeter wall of Fort Clam, built by the Austrians in 1850 inside the fortification works of the Quadrilateral. As can be seen from the maps and historical drawings, it is a true ‘giant’; its area exceeded 22 thousand square metres.
The find will become an integral part of the valorisation of the former Manifattura Tabacchi complex. Above all, it will become available to citizens, through an ad hoc project that will allow them to get to know and learn more about the recent history of the city and its affinities with the one of today.